The AVENTAGE Advantage
- Craftsmanship in engineering design. The AVENTAGE line of high-performance AV receivers is based on the audio design concept of providing a massive, full-bodied sound for movie sound effects and the accurate reproduction of music sources. By expertly harmonizing traditional and advanced technologies, every factor that affects sound quality, from materials and parts to construction, layout, vibration damping (unique foot) and “fine-tuning” the sound, is handled with no other thought than to achieve the best possible audio quality. As a result, every AVENTAGE model has the ability to reproduce the most subtle details of high-definition sound, so that listeners can enjoy a truly high-class sound studio experience at home.
- Enjoy fine sound quality. The Total Purity Concept, which Yamaha has been cultivating for many years, encompasses high drive amp technology, high purity preamplification, anti-vibration technology and independent pure power supplies. All models have fully discrete power amplifiers that help minimize distortion. They also adopt pure independent power supplies, allowing dedicated power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry to prevent digital noise from affecting analog circuitry. The anti-vibration heat sinks are designed to suppress vibration from transistors and sound pressure. Independent power supplies for the DACs are designed to further eliminate noise on certain models. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
Anti-Resonance Technology Wedge
- A firm foundation. The Anti-Resonance Technology Wedge is a fifth foot in the center of the unit. It dampens vibrations from the power transformer, power transistors and heat sinks, as well as vibrations that might be caused by the sound from the speakers.
Discrete Amp Configuration
- Low jitter, high quality. This AV receiver was designed with a strong focus on achieving exceptionally high sound clarity. It employs a discrete amp configuration and a low jitter PLL circuit, which contribute to its excellent audio performance.
Aluminum Front Panel
- Shielded from noise. All of the AVENTAGE components feature the same sleek, clean design, with an elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. The aluminum front panel is used to effectively shield sensitive circuitry from external noise and electronic radiation generated by dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, video monitors and so on. This ensures optimum sonic performance in the widest range of installation environments.
- Multiroom audio. MusicCast makes it easy to bring music to every room in your home wirelessly with playback controlled by a simple app. Start with a MusicCast capable AV receiver in your main entertainment room for the ultimate home theater experience, then add MusicCast speakers, sound bars or Hi-Fi components in other rooms wirelessly.
All Your Content
- MusicCast allows you to access your digital music library, streaming music services and Internet radio, as well as Bluetooth® sources, your TV sound and external sources attached to your AV receiver, such as a Blu-ray disc player or CD player.
- Play your favorite streaming service. This AV receiver is equipped with Bluetooth functionality to let you enjoy easy wireless music playback from mobile devices. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimized for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback.
- In and out. The RX-A860 is equipped with the latest Bluetooth technology, making wireless operation more convenient than ever. You can stream music from the RX-A860 to Bluetooth headphones for private listening or to Bluetooth speakers.
Easily Set Up MusicCast with Your Smartphone or Tablet
- Use your smartphone or tablet together with the MusicCast CONTROLLER app to operate the receiver and change settings quickly and easily. The same Controller app functions as a remote control for all your MusicCast-compatible devices too.
Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct
- Smarter connectivity. Built-in Wi-Fi allows for a wireless connection with your wireless router, greatly simplifying system connections for enjoying networked audio (PC / NAS) and music streaming services. If a Wi-Fi router is not available, the unique Wireless Direct feature not only allows you to stream music directly from your smartphone or tablet via the AV Controller App, AirPlay® etc., but also allows for control of the AV receiver as well.
- Access more. This AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to your home network or internet to enjoy Internet Radio, Spotify®, Pandora® or music stored on a NAS and home PC. The AV Controller app (from iTunes App Store or Google play) lets you control various functions from your iPod, iPhone, iPad or Android phones / tablets.
- This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means they can accept wireless music streaming from iPod touch®, iPhone® or iPad®, as well as from iTunes on Macs or PCs. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile devices or computer on your home theater system. You can use view metadata such as song title, artist name as well as album art via AV receiver's on-screen display.
- Millions of songs. With the Spotify app on your mobile device, you have instant access to millions of songs. Now you can stream those songs to your networked Yamaha AV receiver by using Spotify Connect. Just hit play to start streaming music. When you listen to Spotify outside on your mobile device and come inside, the song immediately streams to your Yamaha AV receiver allowing no interruption to your music playback. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music on Spotify.
- Enter a new world of sound with Dolby Atmos®. It transports you from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience with captivating, multidimensional sound that fills your room with amazing richness and depth. Music, people, and objects come alive in breathtaking detail and flow in precise choreography all around you, making you feel like you are truly there. The combination of Dolby Atmos and Yamaha AV receivers will fill the room with multidimensional sound that makes you feel as if you are right in the middle of the story unfolding on the screen.
- DTS:X™ is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. The combination of DTS:X and Yamaha AV receivers will fill the room with multidimensional sound that makes you feel as if you are right in the middle of the story unfolding on the screen.
Speaker Layout Patterns
- Multiple placement patterns are available for presence speakers that support Dolby Atmos & DTS:X, creating a sound field that’s ideal for your setup. Any layout can be appropriately reproduced, including the three-dimensional space of CINEMA DSP as well as both sound formats. YPAO™ - Reflected Sound Control optimizes the listening environment and fundamental high quality audio design takes full advantage of the detailed spatial localization capability of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. The combination of these object based surround technologies and Yamaha AV receivers will fill the room with multidimensional sound that makes you feel as if you are right in the middle of the story unfolding on the screen. Furthermore, YPAO R.S.C. which optimizes the listening environment and fundamental high quality audio design takes full advantage of the detailed spatial localization capability of Dolby Atmos. The combination of Dolby Atmos and Yamaha AV receivers will fill the room with multidimensional sound that makes you feel as if you are right in the middle of the story unfolding on the screen.
4K, HDR and BT.2020
- Darker blacks, whiter whites and more vivid colors. This unit supports the latest HDMI® standards thanks to the transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second (pass-through only). Fully enjoy the high definition video quality of 4K without degradation along with HDCP 2.2 that fully complies with the latest copyright protection, a standard for 4K video transmission. It also supports the wider color gamut of BT.2020 pass-through.
Support for 21:9 Aspect Ratio
- The 21:9 aspect ratio support is designed to show films recorded in the Cinema Scope format. When these films are viewed in the usual 16:9 ratio, you see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen; 21:9 eliminates these bars. By supporting 21:9 resolution, this model will be able to pass it through so that movies and games feel much more immersive. *This feature is not supported with some PC monitors with specific IT specification design.
Advanced Graphical User Interface
- Multilingual user interface. The latest graphical user interface from Yamaha has a high-resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and also includes a selectable status bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The GUI provides a choice of eight languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese and can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures.
SCENE for One-Touch Start
- Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can re-set the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
HDMI® with 3D and Audio Return Channel
- 3D means the receiver can handle 3D signal data. The Audio Return Channel function enables data to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable, with no need for an extra optical cable.
- Another benefit of HDMI is the availability of CEC functionality. When the unit is connected to a CEC compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV, and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components. For example, you can use the receiver’s remote unit to control player functions like Skip and Stop. *All connected devices must be HDMI CEC compatible. Some CEC compatible TVs / players may not work.
- Get nostalgic. This AV receiver provides phono input terminals so you can connect a turntable and you can enjoy music from your vinyl collection.
- This AV receiver is compatible with many audio formats such as Dolby® True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio™. It is also compatible with high-resolution audio codecs such as DSD / AIFF / FLAC / WAV / Apple® Lossless. You will enjoy the excellent sound quality of these various high-resolution audio codecs from the USB input on the front panel or from network connected devices.
Compressed Music Enhancer
- Hear more. When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
- No intermissions. Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard.
YPAO™- R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control with Multipoint Measurement)
- Sound optimized. YPAO-R.S.C. analyzes the room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of eight listening positions. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds.
- Still hear everything. Human ears have less sensitivity to high and low frequencies, especially at lower volumes. YPAO Volume applies loudness EQ correction to automatically adjust high and low frequency levels as volume changes. Using the YPAO measurement results, EQ correction is optimized to your system settings and listening environment.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D and Virtual Presence Speaker
- CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers.
Virtual Presence and Surround Back Speakers
- Be virtually surrounded. The Virtual Presence Speaker function makes full use of center and surround speakers to create virtual presence speakers. Enjoy CINEMA DSP 3D Mode surround sound even in environments where speaker installation is limited. In addition, This model also features a Virtual Surround Back Speaker function. Even without using surround back speakers, you can experience more natural sound from behind you.
Virtual CINEMA FRONT Surround Sound
- Enjoy virtual surround sound. Even when it is impossible to install surround speakers behind the listening position, Virtual CINEMA DSP reproduces virtual surround sound filled with realism, from only front speakers. The Virtual CINEMA FRONT feature lets you place two surround speakers and a center speaker at the front to enjoy virtual surround sound with even higher quality and resolution, as well as superior rear virtual sound localization. Adding two additional front presence speakers provides a three-dimensional sound field that gives you a feeling of its height and depth and of the vertical movement of the sound. You get more flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room, along with easy enjoyment of high quality surround sound.
Rich Bass Reproduction
- Feel your lows. This exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you would expect from smaller sized speakers while maintaining good localization and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
- Improved sound imaging. The Subwoofer Trim Control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused soundstage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is “pushed” toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim Control takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
Intelligent Amp Assign
- Intelligent design meets multizone audio. Intelligent Amp Assign automatically assigns amplifier channels to certain speakers, depending on what speaker layout is selected. For example, in a multi-channel system, when the second zone is turned off, all channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when a second is powered on, the power to the two surround back channels will automatically be redirected to the two speakers in the second zone and the Main Zone will receive two-channels of power. Similarly, when CINEMA DSP 3D is on, the two Front Presence speakers will be powered and not the two surround back speakers. When CINEMA DSP 3D is off, this situation is reversed. Thanks to Intelligent Amp Assign, there’s no need to switch the speaker cables on the rear of the AV receiver.
AV Controller App
- Easy and convenient operation. This AV receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller App that is downloadable from iTunes®, Google Play or the Amazon App store to control the power, volume, input selections, DSP modes and much, much more from an iPhone® or Android™ device. You can also use as many as 23 different languages and customize the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
- Create sound fields at home. This AV receiver is equipped with a variety of sound programs that utilize original DSP technologies from Yamaha. These sound programs allow you to easily create sound fields like actual movie theaters or concert halls in your room to enjoy natural stereoscopic sound fields. It is now possible to use the AV Controller App to adjust the DSP parameters in a basic or advanced mode to match the mood of your favorite movie or music album.
AV Setup Guide
- Install with ease. The AV SETUP GUIDE makes it much easier to perform the set up process with the Yamaha AV receiver. This app assists you with cable connections between the AV receiver and source devices. Additionally, it guides you through various settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments. System illustrations and actual AV receiver images help you understand how to make the connections between devices. It is available in multiple languages and is designed for iOS and Android™ tablets.
- Go green. When ECO mode is turned on it can reduce power consumption by about 20 percent.
Selectable Auto Power Standby
- Auto Power Standby lets you save energy by selecting to turn off the power after 20 minutes, 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours.